I need to decide what we need and what we don't need.
- GitLab — super useful. Unmaintainable container, so I need to pray goddesses to make it work in bad situations.
- Mastodon — has its own quirks, but tolerable. Does its job well, more consistent in the case of UI than Pleroma.
Matrix — just works
™. No single config line has changed since a long time. Thanks, New Vector, you are doing a great job.
- PeerTube — isn't hosted by me, but is super useful, but has its own quirks. Thanks to Anoa for hosting and maintenance.
- Email — isn't hosted by me, I pay money for it. Is used not only by me. Thanks, Migadu, nice service.
- Bitwarden — I somehow forget about it. It exist and works 146% awesome.
- Nextcloud — I don't like any PHP in any case. Should be replaced eventually, but for now it works, I guess.
- Navidrome — does its job well, but lacks features and public access for music. Could be replaced by Funkwhale.
- Mumble — it's sad, but it's almost abandonware. It works, but no one really cares. Everyone uses Jitsi/Discord.
- XMPP — I set up a MongooseIM server to speak some ponies. S3 upload is almost broken, avatars are broken, lacks some XEPs.
- Kinds of proxies like MTProxy/Shadowsocks/OpenVPN — muh bandwidth.
- DokuWiki — I don't like any PHP in any case. Maintenance is abandoned by me because it requires a custom container to work. Doesn't scale. Awful internals. It's almost abandonware. Developers are Luddites. Doesn't handle wiki farms/families well. All the information about wiki engines say that I should use MediaWiki and I mostly agree.
- Friendica — I don't like any PHP in any case. Awful internals. A legacy project. SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. UGLY, UGLY, UGLY, UGLY, UGLY. Tries to be a full-featured social network, but doesn't notify you about likes. Everything is bad. It was a mistake. But I don't know a replacement! Some blog engine?
- Statically generated sites — good for R/O landings, awful for R/W contributors because they should fuck with Git to just fix a typo. Should be replaced by a shared wiki.